|Miss Naomi Wake (f)|
Naomi is a Physician Associate, able to see and manage all patients that a GP can see. She is by background an experienced Microbiologist and is working at Alvanley Family Practice on a full time basis as part of the Clinical Team.
The role of Physician Associate is new at Alvanley Family Practice, and we are the first practice in the area to appoint to this exciting role. In order to become a Physician Associate you must be a graduate who has undertaken significant post graduate training and work under the supervision of a doctor. They are specially trained to perform a number of tasks including:
- taking medical histories from patients
- performing physical examinations
- diagnosing illnesses
- seeing patients with long-term chronic conditions
- performing diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
- analysing test results
- developing management plans
- provide health promotion and disease prevention advice for patients.